Crucial FOUR’s Organic wild Black Maca is made from light to dark gray Maca roots. These roots are the rarest of all Maca colors, accounting for less than 20% of the annual harvest. Until the late 1990s Black Maca was often mixed with Cream and Red colored roots in the processing of Maca powder. But after it was shown to have unique properties, Black Maca began to be produced independently. It is now our second most popular Maca (after Red).
Several research studies have shown that Black Maca has unique properties:
- A 2009 study in Peru found Black Maca to be the best for increasing sperm count and motility as well as for boosting male libido.
- A study from 2013 reported that Black Maca has a positive effect on spermatogenesis (the formation of sperm cells).
- A Swiss study from 2010 showed Black Maca to excel at protecting bone structure and preventing osteoporosis.
- 2 studies from China in 2006 and 2011 found Black Maca to be superior for increasing memory, concentration and learning skills.
- A UK study from 2011 found that Black Maca supported the most rapid muscle growth and endurance of all varieties of Maca.
Based on this research and our experience with Black Maca we recommend it for:
- Men wishing to increase their fertility
- Men and women wishing to boost their libido
- Athletes, both men and women, looking for extra stamina and strength
- Anyone looking to improve memory, concentration and focus skills with Maca
- People looking to improve their bone strength and density
Our Black Maca powder is:
- USDA Certified Organic
- Wild harvested
- GMO Free
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land – near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- 100% Raw and Vegan
- Contains only 100% powder from Black Maca roots